Health Care Printer Service Plus Program
The Health Care Printer Service Plus program is made possible through the partnership of two companies:
Ink and Toner Alternative and Tech-Optics Inc.
- Ink and Toner Alternative was founded in 2006 with the intention of providing quality remanufactured, compatible, and OEM ink and toner cartridges to the heath care industry and other area businesses, as well as to the general public.
- Founded in 1994, Tech-Optics is a leading North American manufacturer and marketer of premium re-manufactured ink and toner cartridges and printer repair products and services for medical, hospitality, institutional, educational, national office supply, and F1000 markets.
- This partnership allows Ink and Toner Alternative to offer both imaging supplies and printer repair services to businesses at greatly reduced prices.
- Experience has shown that most hospitals choose to purchase only OEM cartridges for their printing equipment. While Ink and Toner Alternative can supply these products, our partnership with Tech-Optics allows us to pass significant direct-from-the-manufacturer savings on to those customers who choose to utilize remanufactured and compatible products.
- Participating hospitals have access to negotiated discounts through HCPSP group purchasing program (price list available).
- Those hospitals willing to convert have an opportunity to realize savings of 30-40% over OEM product purchasing and maintenance.
- On-Site Printer Service Plus
- Typically, for hospitals with greater than 350 beds, ITA will provide a full-time, trained printer repair technician to manage and assist the IT department with the entire printer repair and toner cartridge replacement program.
- There are a variety of services and programs which can be customized to meet the specific needs of each facility’s requirements.
Key Service Points:
- No charge on printer repair labor
- No charge on most replacement parts
- Chargeable parts defined and offered at cost
- Inventory control
- Scheduled preventive printer repair
- Hospital approval of ITA technician
- Option to integrate with current hospital staff
How To Get Started with HCPSP
Simply send Ink and Toner Alternative a usage report and we will create a report comparing your previous costs with what your cost would be with ITA. Jason Bohn, Owner and President of ITA, will personally meet with you to discuss exactly how the program works. Jaime Vendeville, Controller, will provide the cost analysis.
When you are ready to go forward, we will prepare a Master Service Agreement (MSA) to be signed by both parties. At this time, ITA will begin the interview process to hire a technician. If we offer employment to an individual, you will have the option of meeting the prospective employee before any final decisions are made. If you do not approve of the candidate, we will continue our employment search until we find the right technician for you.
If we have a printer that is under warranty, will ITA assume that warranty?
ITA assumes all warranties of printers using our cartridges. Cost of parts is included.
What other costs will we incur?
Services are provided through the agreement to purchase all imaging supplies through Ink and Toner Alternative.
From where will the technician work?
The size of the hospital (volume of need) will decide whether services will come from --- scheduled contacts or an on-site technician.
Will the technician install the toners for the end user?
Yes, and provide preventative maintenance.
Who is responsible for shipping empty cartridges back to ITA?
ITA will collect all empties and ship them back.